Stout Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StoutGaming forum

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Hard drive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Demarcus

Demarcus

Hard drive Empty
PostSubject: Hard drive   Hard drive EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:14 pm

How do you split up your hard drive? like make it into seperate drives
Back to top Go down
krymz

krymz

Hard drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard drive   Hard drive EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:47 am

i dont know if this can help you

http://www.trap17.com/index.php/Splitting-Harddrive_t64706.html

"novic_1223: my friends have told me that they have split there harddrives into separate section but the problem is that i have no idea how to do it or if i will need a program to do it can anyone help me i don't know how to do it and i really want to becasue they tell me it makes ur computer move way faster and when i went to there house both there computers were super fast and extremely awesome!!
i really want to know how..
help

------

rpgsearcherz
Feb 28 2009, 02:08 AM
First of all, it is called "repartitioning" and it can be done in Windows.

Second of all...It will not speed up your pc,lol...The only way to "speed" it up by HDD's is to get another physical drive...

Think of it like this.

You have one pencil and a piece of paper. You're writing on it.
Now you rip the paper in two, but still have the one pencil. You are still writing at the same speed, but you have 2 sections to write on.

But with another HDD, it's like having two pieces of paper and 2 pencils. You can write much faster.

So if you are doing it for speed, don't. It will not help you.

-----------

pasten
Feb 28 2009, 02:40 AM
Considering you have only C:\ drive right now and using Windows 2000 or higher. First you need to check whether the C:\ drive has occupied whole of the drive (Right Click properties to find it).

If only certain space is allocated for C:\ drive then you can create additional partitions using windows itself. Go to Control Panel > Administartive Tools > Computer Management. Once there in the "Storage" category on the left, select "Disk Management". Now you should be seeing only one drive, that is C:\. Now right click and create Extended partition and then logical drives.

If the whole of the hard drive space has been allocated to C:\ drive then you have to use a program like Partition Magic to create extra partitions.

-------------------

bunch more stuff if your interested. study
Back to top Go down

Hard drive
Page 1 of 1